A conference of Marriott Select Brands general managers was held in Chicago, IL, in May 2019. In the course of the conference the best Marriott hotels for 2018 were selected. The event is a long-standing tradition and an essential part of Marriott corporate culture. The key criteria for winners are financial performance, guest opinions and services’ quality.
Four Points by Sheraton Kaluga got Hotel of the Year award. It was named the best among 272 Four Points by Sheraton hotels in the world and the best Marriott hotel in Europe.
Apart from that Four Points by Sheraton Kaluga also gets awards in six nominations for exceptional performance, including The Most Recommended Hotel award.
It was noted that Four Points by Sheraton Kaluga was the ultimate winner among 1,000 participating hotels after being named the best hotel in six nominations This is an exceptional achievement for Kaluga Region and Russia in general.
Governor Anatoly Artamonov congratulated Four Points by Sheraton Kaluga management and team and expressed hope that the hotel would develop further, get new grateful guests and expand its opportunities in Kaluga Region.
Hotels are to meet the following criteria to take part in Hotel of the Year contest.:
- hotel is selected from among hotels having Diamond Circle award;
- hotel shall be operational for two full years;
- hotel shall be include in top 5% in terms of Intent to Recommend;
- hotel shall be among top performers according to BSA Operations Reviews;
- Minimum RevPAR shall be 100 and shall not be lower than 100 since 2017.