Petergurgskaya Politika foundation has published its rating of the Russian regions for May 2018. Kaluga Region, as usual, is among top regions. Its social and political stability index equals 8.5. It holds the second place in the group following Belgorod Region. Kaluga Region’s index has increased by 0.1 as compared to April 2018. .
Petergurgskaya Politika experts mentioned the following key social and political events, which took place in Kaluga Region in May 2018:
- Signing of investment agreements by Governor Anatoly Artamonov providing for building of an innovative construction materials plant in Vorsino industrial park and a fish processing plant in Borovsk district.
- Agreement with Moscow Mayor’s Office to assign utility vehicles and public transportation means.
- Launch of Citroen Space Tourer and Peugeot Traveller vans’ production by PSMA Rus OOO plant.
- Introduction of preferential taxation for residents of advanced development territories located in single industry cities.
- 13th place in the national investment environment rating by the Agency for Strategic Development.
- Higher position in RIA Rating’s social and economical standing rating (+12, from 35th to 23rd place as compared to 2016).
Petergurgskaya Politika foundation rating has been published o a monthly basis since the fall of 2012. It is based on evaluations of Russian Federation regions’ social and economic stability. The foundation’s experts use a ten-point scale to assess regions: 10 points are the highest value, 1 point is the lowest value. All regions are divided into 5 categories in terms of the degree of their social and political stability. Each region gets its position within the category on the basis of the recent month performance.