On 11 and 12 September 2014 the 6th Kaluga Region Club of Investors will be held in Zurich (Switzerland) and Turin (Italy). The delegation of Kaluga region will be led by Governor Anatoly Artamonov. The participants will be discussing the region’s long-time cooperation with foreign countries and new economic opportunities in today’s market. Successful project implementation cases in Kaluga region are expected to be presented, including talks to be delivered by Michael Hausermann, Division President, and Guido Giletta, President of Giletta S.p.A., parties to a joint project with Mercator Trading from Russia.
On his agenda Mr. Artamonov has negotiations with Bruno Sauter of the Office for Economy and Labor of the Canton of Zurich and a meeting with Sergio Chiamparino, President of Piedmont. Both meetings will be focusing on bilateral cooperation.
At the meetings the investors will be able to discuss any issues of cooperation. The meetings will be held in an open and informal atmosphere and the participants will be able to talk to each other and the speakers, exchange opinions and receive the needed information.
It is noteworthy that in the first six months of 2014 Kaluga region’s foreign trade turnover with Switzerland reached USD 27.4 million (a 22.6% growth compared with the first six months of 2013) and USD 157.9 million with Italy (a 34.9% growth).
Joint investment projects with Swiss companies in Kaluga region:
- Nestle Purina PetCare (wet and dry pet foods)
- Forbo Kaluga LLC (Forbo Group flooring)
- OOO Omya Ural (crushed marble production in Vorsino)
Investment projects of Italian companies
- Berlin Pharma
- OOO Zuegg Russia (semi-finished products for food plants)
- HT&L Fitting Rus Co. LTD. (production of motor vehicle-related parts)
- LAMINAM RUS (thinnest ceramic tiles),
- Palladio Zannini (pharmaceutical and cosmetic packaging)
- Gervazi Vostok (truck bodies)
- SMK OOO (truck fuel tanks)
- Mercator Kaluga jointly with Giletta (a company of Bucher Corporation, production and supplies of road machinery, municipal machinery and equipment)