Population (read more)
The Region also has 2nd place in Russia by number of compatriots resettled to the region. Kaluga Region takes one of the leading places in the State Program to Assist Resettlement of Compatriots Living Abroad. About 50,000 persons have been resettled since 2007. another 50,500 persons will be resettled to Kaluga Region by 2020.
Labor migration, including engagement of foreign labor is another source for labor supply. Annually, about 30,000 work permits and patents are issued to foreign specialists in Kaluga Region. Financial support is provided to enterprises participating in the Program Higher Mobility of Labor Resources.
The labor market of Kaluga Region has been remaining stable for more than 10 years thanks largely to the active policy to attract investments. More than 26,000 jobs have been created since 2006 in the region. About 25,000 jobs will be created within the limits of investment agreements already concluded.
Kaluga Region ranks 3rd in the Central Federal District and 28th in Russia by the amount of average monthly wage (1st place — Москва, 2nd place — Moscow Region)
- 30, 922 Rubles — average monthly accrued wage in the region (January 2018)
- 10, 806 Rubles — minimum monthly wage in Kaluga Region (since 01.09.2017). It is 1.14 higher than the federal minimum wage (9,489 Rubles) (read more)
Database of vacancies consists of 8,800 jobs offered, among them 55.2% — for applicants of worker occupations. Drivers, operators, fitters, machine-tool operators, mechanics, adjusters of equipment, builders, electricians, sewing machine operators are the most sought after trades at the labor market. There is high demand for health care workers, engineers, teachers — they form a third of the total need in white-collar workers.
Level of unemployment in the region is substantially lower that national rate. Kaluga Region ranks 3rd in the Central Federal District by the level of registered unemployment in 2017.
- 0.59% is average monthly level of registered unemployment in 2017 in Kaluga Region.
- 4,900 persons have unemployed status in 2017.
Kaluga Region ranks 3rd in the Central Federal District by the share of hired citizens versus those addressing employment offices. The percentage in the region exceeds 70 %. 25 employment offices and 16 mobile consultancy centers operate in Kaluga Region. The most popular recruitment agencies are:
According to the forecast of human resources requirements in Kaluga Region for 2016-2022, at least 75,400 persons will be needed, among them 81 % required to replace those retiring. Almost 64% is the share of qualified workers in the aggregate structure of demand, 22.1 % is the share of specialists with higher professional education, and 14.1 % is the share of mid-tier specialists.
Kaluga Region became one of the first regions in Russia, where national system of qualifications is implemented. Agency for qualifications development was created in 2017 in Kaluga Region. The regional system of personnel training is actually at 100% oriented to the needs of the labor market.
Education (read more)
Resource centers are now formed in the region to cover needs of the promising sectors of the regional economy. 3 multi-function centers of applied qualifications will train specialists in 2018.
- Resource center for construction at Kaluga Tsipulin Municipal and Construction College,
- Resource center for training and re-training specialists for automotive industry at Kaluga Technical College.
- Multi-function center of applied qualifications for agriculture at Governor’s Agrarian College.
Since 2010, dual educational system has been implemented in Kaluga Region:
- Practice-oriented training for automotive industry is implemented on the basis of Kaluga College of Information Technologies and Management and Kaluga Polytechnic College jointly with Volkswagen Group Rus LLC and PCMA Rus LLC.
- Training in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) is provided at Kaluga Technical College jointly with Kaluga-Astral OJSC.
- Specialists in robotized milking are trained, re-trained and undergo further training at Kaluga College of National Economy and Environmental Engineering jointly with LELI Dutch Company, Yasnogorye Farms LLC.
- Students in Material Science and Strength of Materials are trained at Obninsk College of Technologies and Services jointly with NLMC-Kaluga LLC.
- Dual education system in various professions is also used at Kaluga Teachers College and at Lyudinovo Industrial College.