Quality of life
Improving the quality of life is the focus of Kaluga Region's Socio-economic Development Strategy. Indicators of this are defined in detail by national priorities.
- tens of thousands of families annually receive social support measures, there are built kindergartens, schools, sports and cultural complexes as part of the "Demography" national project;
- large modern hospitals and obstetric points start working, medical aviation functions, high-tech medical equipment is purchased as part of the " Healthcare" national project;
- new educational institutions are put into operation, art schools, sports clubs, youth technology parks, digital education centers functions as part of the "Education" national project;
- hundreds of areas are annually improved, new highways and recreational zones are constructed, new jobs are created as part of the "Comfortable urban environment formation" national project.
Kaluga Region takes one of the leading places in quality of life among the regions of the Central Federal District. Over 10 years the percentage of population has an income below the subsistence level has been reduced by more than 5%.There is annual increase in life expectancy. Since 2010, this indicator has been increased by almost 5 years.
By the end of 2022 according to Federal State Statistics Service Kaluga Region takes:
- 2nd place in the Central Federal District and 10th in the Russian Federation by the residential buildings construction per 1000 people of the population;
- 3rd place in the Central Federal District and 30th in the Russian Federation by average monthly salary — 51,656 roubles;
- 4th place in the Central Federal District and 9th in the Russian Federation by registered unemployment rate (the indicator lowest value corresponds to the highest place) — 0.5%;